The materials we use:
Cotton Duck - the original performance fabric
- "Duck" is the name given to the specific weave of our cotton fabric. It's rugged and tough and can withstand plenty of knocks.
- The fabric is pressure impregnated with Parrafin Wax to make it waterproof. This means ther's no coating that could get rubbed off. It also allows the fabric to breathe, so your belongings don't "sweat"
- We source our 100% waterproof Cotton Duck from Halley Stephensons - they've been making it for 150 years, but their factory is state of the art to ensure perfect quality. Read more about Halley Stephensons
- When rain hits the fabric, the outer cotton filaments swell, effectively closing up any gaps in the weave and around the stitching. Combined with the barrier of wax, this very effectively stops the rain getting through. It's a system that has worked brilliantly for 200 years - Waxed cotton really is the original performance fabric
- The fabric can easily be reproofed using reproofing wax available here
- The fabric can be patched and repaired using our cotton duck repair kit available here
With a little bit of care, your cotton duck bag could last you a lifetime